Monday, November 19, 2012

I Blog Because Twitter Isn't Big Enough

I've been really horrible about writing.  In fact, aside from the extensive five-page packing list for our trip to Disney World this summer, I haven't written a darn thing.  Not even a grocery list, thanks to my new iPhone and the Wegman's App.  I thing the Wegman's App is my favorite thing about my phone.  That, and the Fart Cushion App.  Yes, I have the sense of humor of a ten-year-old.  Farts and Falls will always make me laugh.  The truth is, I'm having trouble figuring out how to use the new phone and wonder why people wait in long lines for such devices.  It's a phone.  It makes phone calls.  It also lets me post things to Facebook whenever I think of them, which is turning out to be a double-edged sword.  Sometimes I need a little extra time to filter my thoughts.

I've been insanely busy lately, although if you ask me what I've been up to the list is very short and unimpressive.  I'm not really sure why I feel so busy, all I know is that my son doesn't have any more shirts in his drawer and I'm sitting on the couch catching up on my blog instead of doing laundry.  Terrible guilt...  

I would love to have this Auto Pilot in my car.
I would probably get lost less often.
Anyhow, life has a habit of catching up to you and I'm pretty sure it will just overtake me if I don't make a point of slowing down and looking at where I am and how I got here.  I seriously have no idea how I get to most places.  The other day I was driving to work and I kind of went into auto-pilot.  I'm sure you've done that before, right?  No?  Just me?  Okay, well I went into auto-pilot on the way to work.  I was rockin' out in my minivan while Mandisa sang Good Morning to me.  I pulled into a parking spot and it wasn't until I got out of the car and locked the doors that I realized that instead of driving to work, I drove to the Christmas Tree Shop.  At that point, what else could I do but go in to buy some fall dish towels and some Thanksgiving napkins before heading to work?  Fifteen minutes and thirty-five dollars later, I left the store with several bags and headed to work feeling proud that I had only spent thirty-five and not fifty or seventy-five.

Em's Dance Party
I've fallen behind in practically everything.  My daughter's birthday was in September and only this past weekend did I finally get around to having a birthday party for her.  One of the moms said to me, "What a lovely party!  You're such a good mom!"  I decided to relish in the compliment and not tell her to hold on to the Mother of the Year Award because my kid's birthday was nearly ten weeks ago.  Yeah, some things are best left unsaid.  On the plus side, since I was planning my middle girl's birthday so late, it was nearly my oldest daughter's birthday so, for the first time in her nine years, Mya will actually have a birthday party pretty close to her actual birthday!  I got her party invitations out a full two-weeks in advance!


While I've been feeling technically deficient lately, I decided to open a Twitter account.  My Pastor has a twitter account.  So does C.S. Lewis, and if a dead guy can figure out how to use Twitter, then so can I... I think... probably not.  The point is, I can now legitimately type things like #goinginsane and #cantfindmycarkeys, although I have no idea why I would say #anything.  I'm also curious as to why it is suddenly called "hashtag" instead of "pound sign" as I have always known it to be.  I mean, when you're stuck in an automated phone call it doesn't say, "Press hashtag to talk to an operator."  Although, I'm sure that day will come because there will be a whole generation of idiots who think that it's actually called a hashtag.  Those are the same people who don't realize that this, &, is called an ampersand.  Anyhow, I have a Twitter account.  I have yet to tweet a darn thing, mostly because I hate learning new technology.  I'll probably master it once everyone has moved on the the next new thing, which has probably already happened, but I don't know about it because I'm a totally old lady who resists technology.  Plus, I don't think I will ever really be able to share my thoughts in less than 137 characters.

No comments: